Tuesday, February 26, 2013

AnimeUSA: Procrastination Edition


This post is extra late, considering AnimeUSA happened in November. Oops.

A friend and I taking a quick break before getting back to work

Sometimes I go to anime conventions, though these days it always tends to be working in some capacity; either as a vendor or as staff. AnimeUSA was no exception. I was on security and did my security thing, only got fully decked out once at the request of a friend, and drank myself blind on Sunday after the convention was over. I don't have many photos and I don't have many stories beyond "sorry, this are is off limits" or "keep moving, you're blocking the hallway", but I do have one.

Throughout the weekend as I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off I kept running into Mix Speaker's Inc. Pretty much every time I turned around, boom, there they were. I think they were magnetized to my corset or something. So of course it stands to reason I ran into them in the single hour I was dressed up like a freakshow.

My eyes look extra dead in this photo, courtesy of my buddy Mark. I haven't gone out much recently and I've been recycling pretty much the same outfit the last few times. So sue me.

The next day I was assigned to wrangle the line at Mix Speakers Inc's fan photo session and guard a door to make sure no one wandered into a staff access hallway all while trying to eat my breakfast/lunch. After their line was finished all the staff in the area were allowed to get photos with them if they so desired, so I decided to grab one.

My phone takes terrible pictures. There were half a dozen attempts, during all of which I was trying to convince them to make silly faces. And yet the only one that turned out was just me smiling instead of goofing off.

Before they left I got a present from Yuki (the smiley one,front left)

My legs continue onto the back of the page...

Apparently I was memorable enough he felt the need to draw a picture. We laughed about this and the length of my legs, so I took off my platforms and stood next to him while he stood on my boots. I was STILL taller than him.

All in all I had a rather fun, if exhausting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment