Friday, February 3, 2012

TAKE ALL OF MY MONIES

In my self-imposed isolation with my family I have been taking a lot of time to read up on fashion and music history. Most recently I read "12 Days on the Road" by Noel Monk and Jimmy Guterman, about the Sex Pistols final tour. It was fascinating, but it made me lose what little respect I had for my vague acquaintances who idolize Sid Vicious. Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked here.

The point I'm trying to get here is just how much I love Vivienne Westwood and how much I really wish I could afford her clothing. There are pieces which some of my friends adore (such as her iconic heart jacket or anything with the DESTROY print) which just aren't to my taste, but there are a pieces few that I would gladly shank someone in order to obtain.

My current obsession?



Seditionaries muslin bondage shirts. With a print, without a print, I don't care, I want one desperately. The originals are a thing of beauty to me and vast majority of the knockoffs are wonderful quality. But, honestly, there is no way I can afford a real one and all but the bottom-of-the-barrel knockoffs are out of my price range at this moment. My plan? I'm going to make one myself. Although it means going out to find an appropriate fabric (since everything I currently have is spandex), I'm sure I could whip one together in an afternoon once I have the supplies. And I can always make my own print for it.

My other eternal obsession?

 

Orb lighters. Limited edition, no longer in production, weighted like a beast so you could do some serious damage if you decided to bash someone in the skull with it.... They're gorgeous. Plus it would stop people from stealing my lighters since it would always be around my neck. But, sadly, even second hand those lighters go for $3,000 and up. Not to mention that the knockoffs are all poor imitations. Sadly I believe that this love will always be nothing but a pipe dream.

Both images are from Rakuten because the Harajuku fashion kings and queens are all rather obsessed with Vivienne Westwood. Even the flamboyantly neon Takuya Angel has a pocket ashtray from Vivienne Westwood which looks like an oversized pocket watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment