Friday, October 12, 2012

Neglect

Because I am a horrible person, I managed to neglect this blog despite many interesting things going on in my corner of the fashion world. Over the last month I've had several people tell me that I should start posting again including my brother, much to my surprise.

Since my last update I've moved twice, gone to two weddings, had several family-related trips across the country among other things. I'm applying for a steadier local job to make sure I meet rent, as well as working hard on my portfolio in order to apply for the job of my dreams.


Look like a deer caught in headlights, don't I?

The photo above was taken by Maro Hagopian of the Village Voice at Le Bain's Fashion on Top party where I was assisting with Renee Masoomian and Gerold Vincent's fashion show. Sadly there wasn't as much to do as there normally is when I'm assisting Renee, but their stage manager and coordinator was absolutely amazing and I cannot fault her for having things under such control that I wasn't truly needed. The show was short, but the clothing was amazing. Fashion show aside, my most exciting moment of the night is when I realize I was standing next to Rick Genest. Too bad it was so loud that I couldn't say hello.

Clothing:
Spiked bra from LoveCulture
Black underbust corset from Passional
Matte vinyl leggings from Ktown NYC
Spiked boots from Eternity Fashion, Philadelphia
Ruffle harness by Renee Masoomian
Leather gloves, antlers, and skull codpiece are personal creations


My friend Johanna Constantine and I had an adventure back in September. The two of us went to 2NE1's concert in New Jersey followed by a night of partying afterword. Mind you we were both dressed a bit more...ehm...conservatively for the concert, she in a cream brocade ruffled blouse and BlackMilk muscle leggings while I, well, was wearing pants. Electric blue pants. We both had a great time and we are probably going to go to more Kpop concerts together in the future. Just not the Big Bang concert in November. Despite the fact that we both enjoy Big Bang, I have prior obligations and cannot make it to any of the three concert dates in Jersey.

Clothing:
Latex neck ruffle from Renee Masoomian (custom in Neon Orange)
Black and orange acrylic bra from Prohibition Clubwear
Black and blue crop top from Renee Masoomian (prototype
Boots from Swear Alternative (via ebay)
Everything else is from estate sales or off-brand.


Yes, my hair has changed color at least once a month since the start of this year. Since I returned to Philadelphia I have only gone out dancing a few times. This was in July when I was gogoing at I Love Industrial in Philadelphia. That night I wish I owned more red clothing so I could have dressed as Thing 2. Why Thing 2 and not Thing 1? Because that way people would be looking for Thing 1 all night and not find them.

Clothes:
Black and Blue crop top from Renee Masoomian
Black and orange acrylic bra from Prohibition Clubwear
Boots from Swear Alternative
Everything else is off-brand cobbled together from ebay and small stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment